only topical product that is FDA-approved for androgenic hair loss, Monoxidil is widely used in hair loss treatments as it is very effective in promoting hair growth. However, hair loss returns when you discontinue this medicine. The medicine is basically a solution applied directly to the scalp to stimulate the hair follicles.
2. Hair Transplant
During hair transplants, tiny plugs of hair from areas where hair is continuing to grow is moved to the balding area. This procedure usually requires several sessions and may be expensive. It may also cause scarring and there is a risk of infection.
3. Hair-loss Fighting Foods
Hair loss can also be due to nutritional imbalances. A poor diet can lead to proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals deficiencies, leading to hair loss. To maintain healthy hair, consider taking the foods listed below:
- – Eat fruits and vegetables such as carrots, sweet potatoes, peppers and cantaloupe. They are packed with vitamin A or beta carotene.
- – Eat fatty fish such as salmon and sardines, packed with omega-3 fatty acids.
- – Eating yogurt and other vitamin B5-rich foods may increase blood flow to your scalp, promoting hair growth.
- – Eat enough lean meat such as chicken or turkey, low-fat dairy products and protein-rich vegetables like beans. Hair is made of a protein molecule called keratin and thus, needs dietary protein for nourishment.
- – Eat foods containing vitamin B7 such as eggs, fortified cereals, milk products and chicken, which helps promote hair growth.
- – Eat zinc-rich foods such as oysters, lobster and fortified cereals.