If you are suffering from hair loss and going to visit your dermatologist, make the best use of the limited time available with our list of questions to ask your dermatologist:
1. What is likely causing my symptoms or condition?
Your hair loss could be a stress reaction or a symptom of an underlying illness. Male pattern baldness, alopecia etc. can be treated by your dermatologist. Baldness in women could also triggered by hormonal disturbances for which you may have to visit your endocrinologist. Talk this through with your dermatologist to take further action.
2. Are there other possible causes for my symptoms or condition?
3. What kinds of tests do I need?
Tests could help you zero in on vitamin deficiencies and hormonal disorders.
4. Is my condition likely temporary or chronic?
5. Will my hair grow back? How long will it take?
6. What hair loss treatments are available?
7. Am I a suitable candidate for hair transplant?
8. What is a hair transplant surgery?
Hair transplant is gaining popularity and can be life changing for some. Here are some important questions you should ask your doctor if you are considering hair transplant surgery
9. What is a hair transplant surgery?
10. How is a hair transplant done?
11. How does a hair transplant surgery work?
12. How effective is hair transplantation?
13. Is hair transplant permanent?
14. Where to get a hair transplant?
15. What are the side effects of hair transplantation?
16. How safe is hair transplantation?
17. How much does hair transplantation cost?
It is good to be well-informed even before you visit your doctor. A little research beforehand can save you a lot of trouble later!