Hair transplant is a surgical procedure in which hair from a fertile area of the scalp is taken out and transplanted into bald areas on the head. For years, it has been known as an effective method of improving appearance, and thus boosting self-confidence levels in people.
1. Numbing the area by injecting an anaesthetic
2. Removing a 3-4 inch area of the scalp using a scalpel, and then sewing it back
3. Dividing the removed scalp strip to make grafts, and placing them on the bald areas with needle and scalpel
4. The transplant may take 4-8 hours, and may be followed by additional sessions if required 
Who needs hair transplant?
- Men or women who have bald areas on the front or back of their scalp
- Men or women who are not able to grow any hair with other conventional methods of hair growth
- People who have lost hair due to injuries, lupus or any other medical problem
- Turfs of new hair may look unnatural
Care after hair transplant
1. Wearing a surgical dressing cap for 1-2 days after the transplant
2. Taking recommended anti-inflammatory medicines and antibiotics for faster recovery
3. Taking pain killers to relieve pain