Know Everything about Types of Hair Loss, check the following FAQs answered by Dr. Sonia Aggarwal-
Q1: What is hair loss?
- Hair loss is also known as Alopecia in medical terms.
- Causes of alopecia.
- Auto-immune condition.
- Multiple drugs and toxins.
- Diet and nutrient deficiency.
Q2: What are the most common types of hair loss?
- Androgenetic Alopecia.
- Male pattern hair loss.
- Female pattern hair loss.
Q3: What is the common cause for these types of Alopecia?
- Family history of similar conditions.
- Another reason for hair loss is hormonal issues.
- Male and female pattern hair loss differ in their way of presentation.
- In male pattern hair loss, the frontal hair line recedes, and hair loss patches are visible over the vertex of the scalp.
- On female pattern hair loss, there is widening or thinning of the central parting.
Q4: What are the treatment options for hair loss or Alopecia?
- Topical medications.
- Oral medication.
- Surgical treatment.
- Always visit a dermatologist and get the type of hair loss evaluated.
Q5: What is Alopecia Areata?
- Patchy Alopecia.
- Auto-immune hair condition.
- Single or multiple areas of non-scarring patchy hair loss.
- It could involve the scalp and other body parts.
Q5: How to diagnose and treat Alopecia Areata?
- Subtle signs on the magnifying glass.
- Easily treatable with topical medication, intralesional medications.
Q6: What is Telogen Effluvium?
- Hair fall after a couple of months when the body has gone through tremendous stress, change in diet, or weight loss.
- It is self-limiting if the cause is stopped and is reversible.
Q7: What is Anagen Effluvium?
- The majority of your hair is lost.
- Occurs as an acute process following chemotherapeutic drugs, radiation therapy, or certain toxins.
Q8: Is there any other type of hair loss?
- Hair loss due to nutrition deficiency.
- A high protein, nutritious, and high protein diet is essential for good hair.
- A deficiency of vitamins, minerals, or micronutrients can lead to hair loss.
Q9: Are there any points to ponder?
- Always visit a dermatologist to get a proper understanding of the types of hair loss.
- Do not try and treat hair loss on your own.
- Eat highly nutritious food.
Book an appointment with a cosmetologist or dermatologist, visit here.